________________________________________

SNEAK ATTACK NOW GOING ON!

DATE: Thursday, July 20th; 2pm, EDT

What's all this? Read our About Us page to find out!

________________________________________


Monday, May 7, 2012

Meet Heather

Heather from Winemaker's Sister, or WMS as she is better known, is our sponsor today for our 3pm Etsy time Sneak Attack!

One of our 'veteran' team members, Heather has sponsored a number of times, and you can always be sure that the 'victims' she will select are wonderful and many of them have something to do with fiber - an obsession for many of us!

Over 2 years ago, I started writing these 'meet the sponsor' blog posts and decided this morning to go back to my first interview with Heather and let you know why she chose to participate in the sneak attacks.

I asked - how did you get started with the Sneak Attacks?

I learned about Sneak Attacks on the 3rd or 4th attack. Very early on! I was a member of EtsyGreetings team. One of the other members of the team had been "attacked" at the previous Sneak Attack and let the other team members know about it. I fell in love with the whole idea of a Sneak Attack. I could immediately imagine how a "victim" might feel when s/he first saw those emails coming in to let them know about their sales. I love the way a group of people could work together -- each doing a small thing -- and make such an impact on a new seller. Etsy can be a huge, impersonal place. Sneak Attacks suddenly make it warm and personal.

An avid knitter and spinner, Heather is always creating items for that knitter in your family. I especially love these little note cards celebrating the mother of modern knitting at her 100th birthday back in 2010.

If there is a knitter in your family - you can be sure you will find just the perfect gift for him or her at Heather's shop. Then come chat with us in our sneak attack thread as we get ready to meet the 'victims' who will be revealed at 3pm!

3 comments:

  1. I'm using some WMS stitch markers on my current knitting project - TRULY snag-less!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only recently started to crochet, I finally taught myself how after admiring the work of so many others. I haven't tried to knit yet, but would love to someday! Heather's note cards are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the write-up, Sandi!
    And Heather is right... Sneak Attacks put a friendly face on a sometimes impersonal Etsy!

    ReplyDelete