________________________________________

NEXT SNEAK ATTACK!

DATE: Thursday, July 20th; 2 pm, EDT

SHOP NAMES: To Be Announced

HOST: SayItWithBlooms

Check out this thread and join us for the fun!

What's all this? Read our About Us page to find out!

________________________________________


Thursday, May 31, 2012

Meet Virginia

Today, our sneak attack is being sponsored by Virginia from MadeByHand. One of our newer members, Virginia is always promoting our sneak attacks and the Handmade Movement, as well as creating wonderful treasuries for us to enjoy and ooh and ahh over!

Because the Handmade Movement/Sneak Team is all about giving back - I thought you would be interested in Virginia's way of supporting that idea.

I've crocheted for various charities over the years, but the one that I have focused on since 2008 is called HAP (The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project) This 100% volunteer project creates handmade afghans that are sent to military hospitals in Afghanistan, Germany, and all over the US as a way to say "Thank You" to those wounded in service to our country. Since I'm from a military family and I love to crochet, HAP's a perfect fit for me!

Being from a military family myself, I can't tell you how moved I was to hear about Virginia's giving back. God Bless You!

Knowing how beautiful Virginia's crocheting is - like this scarf, I can just imagine how stunning the afghans are as well.


Be sure to check out all of Virginia's crocheting - I'll be you will find something that is perfect for YOU!

Then come chat with us in our Sneak Attack thread as we get ready to surprise some new Etsy shops at 4pm Etsy time.

5 comments:

  1. Virginia is a dear person great way to support our troops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great write up! Thank you, Virginia, for supporting HAP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Sandi, for the nice write-up!

    And Theresa and Clarissa: it's my honor to be a HAP volunteer! Thanks for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous crochet! Plus, she always picks neat "victim" shops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great products by a great person!

    ReplyDelete