________________________________________

NEXT SNEAK ATTACK!

DATE: Wednesday, June 28th; 2 pm, EDT

SHOP NAMES: To Be Announced

HOST: xEsFunThings

What's all this? Read our About Us page to find out!

________________________________________




Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Blast from the Sneak Attack Past June 5, 2013

On October 20, 2008 the shop Paints and Scraps https://www.etsy.com/shop/paintsandscraps
was sneak attacked with love.  Laurie Taylor is the shop’s owner.  Before the attack sales were at 0 and after she had received 6 sales.

Paints and Scraps offer a variety of beautiful hand painted cards.  Like this one:




I asked Laurie some questions and this is what she had to say:
How did it affect my shop? I had a few sales, and some followers, it definitely helped my business :)
 My reaction? Honestly, it made me so happy, and I was so flattered. I hadn't had any sales before that, and it made me happy that someone out there cared enough to sneak attack me. I hadn't heard of the sneak attack prior to mine.
 Other venues? No, not at this time. I sell to friends, and promote my things on Facebook.
 Comments? Keep up the good work. It really means a lot to the recipient.
 Have a great day!! :) Laurie
 It is so wonderful hearing from these past “victims”.  It truly makes it all the more worthwhile.
This is my favorite card:

Take a look around her shop and pick out your own favorites and show her some more love from this team.
See you next week…Kelly
_________________________________________________________________________________


On October 24, 2008 Julie from JooolesDesign.etsy.com was Sneaked Attack by the Handmade Movement team. At the time Julie was making adorable cards, today she creates gorgeous Mosaics and polymer clay jewelry. 




When I contacted Julie this is what she shared about how the Sneak Attack affected her shop;

“I loved the sneak attack although I didn't know what was happening when orders just kept coming in and coming in and coming in... It was very exciting and a great morale boost. I was selling cards back then. Then in 2010 I went to a friend's house for an art day of our garden club and fell in love with mosaics. I have been selling my mosaics and having shows at several venues around Santa Barbara. I currently have my mosaics displayed (and for sale) at two locations, a coffee house and my internist's office. Then after hauling heavy mosaics to a one-day Artist Tour held by our local Goleta Valley Art Association, I decided I'd try something a little easier to transport. I also had recently purchased a kiln so now I'm making jewelry. I guess I'm one of those people who just wants to be busy making things.  Thank you again for doing a sneak attack on my shop. It's a wonderful way to give an artist a real thrill.”


Julie's shop is doing great! She started with zero sales before the attack, she received 33 sales from it, and today has 59 sales. Check out all her etsy shop and website; www.jooolesdesign.com/ to pick your own favorites!

We wish these past shops continued success.
Amanda


Written By: Kelly of juBEADlation and Amanda of CuteNCurlyBowtique  


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful blast from the past!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember both of these! Lovely stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so fun to see how much these little attacks can have such a big impact! Keep up the good work, Kelly and Amanda!

    ReplyDelete