_____________________________________

NEXT SNEAK ATTACK!

DATE: Thursday, June 1st; 2 pm, EDT

SHOP NAMES: To Be Announced

HOST: SKWOriginalsbySummer

What's all this? Read our About Us page to find out!

_____________________________________

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Blast from the Sneak Attack Past July 10th, 2013

This week I visited Kara Mia Sofia who was Sneak Attacked on January 21, 2009.   Joanne, the shop owner, started with 3 sales and received 37 sales from the Sneak Attack.  Kara Mia Sofia features lovely clutch purses for bridesmaids or as a gift for any of the ladies in your life.





This is what Joanne had to say about the Sneak Attack:

-Home did the sneak attack affect my shop?
 After the attack it seemed I started to sell continuously it was really terrific and started me on the road to a successful business actually w/ many repeat clients.

 -As far as my reaction to the sneak attack.....it certainly caught me off guard. I had just opened my shop a week before the attack in 2009 and I was in shock when I opened to view my shop that day. The orders that came through were incredible and I didn't even know where to begin. I have to be very grateful for being attacked and hopefully others have had the same experience.
 -Not selling anywhere else presently....couldn't keep up the volume as of yet. It's been in the back of my mind though...

 -As far as comments to the team...not really but thankful and grateful that I've been able to be a successful business owner with ease due to ETSY. When I started it seemed that not many people had heard of ETSY but as of today it's well known and very popular and that I'm sure has helped w/ my sales etc.
I took a look around the shop and found such beautiful fabrics used.  This one is by far my favorite:


Take some time to browse this wonderful shop and pick out your own favorites.
See you next week…Kelly 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I had the pleasure of visiting Sandra from sandrandan, her shop was attacked with love from our team on January 16, 2009. Sandra received 16 sales from the Sneak Attack, today her shop has over 4000 sales! Check out the gorgeous jewelry Sandra creates! 



Sandra was happy to share how the Sneak Attack affected her shop; 

"The sneak attack happened 10 days after I opened my shop, and they were the very first sales that I made. They really gave me the incentive that I needed to keep going and to work on improving my products and my shop. I'm currently just a few sales away from hitting the 4,000 sales mark.I was at work at my day job when I saw all of the sale pour in, and I was absolutely ecstatic! Honestly, I think that I did very little useful work the rest of the day because I was so beside myself. I'm working on my own shop website right now, although I still plan to stay with Etsy for a long, long time. I also sell in two brick and mortar (b&m) stores and I do partner auctions (where I am the only seller) on Tophatter. Besides that I sell wholesale to a handful of individual shops, both online and b&m. Comments for the team: Thank you, thank you, thank you!! The sneak attack concept is such a wonderful way to encourage new shop owners. Keep up the great work! (I'd like to join too - just tell me how.)"


Check out Sandra's amazing creations for yourself and pick a few favorites! I personally love hearing from these past shops and I know the entire Handmade Movement team does as well.


See you next Wednesday,
Amanda



6 comments:

  1. Such great stories! Wonderful to see how these shops are doing so well. Thanks for the great write-up, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Amanda! And thanks to the whole team! This is such a wonderful thing that you are doing!

    Sandra (a.k.a. Sandrandan)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great shops and wonderful stories Kelly and Amanda great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just awesome success stories! Great job Amanda!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love these stories! Amanda and Kelly you both do a wonderful job with this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great succes stories, Thank you Amanda and Kelly

    ReplyDelete