_____________________________________

NEXT SNEAK ATTACK!

DATE: Thursday, June 1st; 2 pm, EDT

SHOP NAMES: To Be Announced

HOST: SKWOriginalsbySummer

What's all this? Read our About Us page to find out!

_____________________________________

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Blast from the Sneak Attack Past July 17, 2013


This week I got the pleasure of visiting the shop Fritos314, a lovely little shop that sells slumped bottles, stained glass, and mosaics.  The Sneak Attack occurred on 04/10/09 and received 3 sales.




This is what Linda, the shop’s owner, had to say about the attack:
 
I was very excited to be sneak attacked! I didn't even know that was something that was done on Etsy.
It gave me some extra exposure, which I really appreciate! 

I currently just sell on Etsy, and to my co-workers. They haven't figured out yet to run when they see me coming into work with something new I've made!  I have them under my spell! Ha!
Wish I had more time to create for my shop on Etsy. Unfortunately, like a lot of other people, I have to work full time, just 'cause for some silly reason I think I need to eat and have a roof over my head!  

The pieces I make are one of a kind, and like my idol, artist Laurel Skye says, you need to "procrastinate and percolate a project."  And boy, do I do that! I try to put my heart and a piece of myself into anything I make, or I can't be happy with it. I feel like if Linda ain’t happy, ain’t no one going to buy it and be happy!

I think Etsy is one of the best things ever!  I wish I had discovered it sooner!

You can sneak attack me anytime!!
Many thanks to the Handmade Movement Team!!!

Linda

I just love her attitude on how she puts her heart into each piece she makes.  I believe that’s what sets handmade items apart from something you would buy in a store.  All of her pieces truly reflect that, like this one:
 
Until next time…Kelly

_________________________________________________________________________________

On February 27, 2009 Tamika from PinkCakeandPaper was attack with love from the Handmade Movement team! Her adorable shop features invitations, announcements, and gallery prints. Like this super cute one!

I had the pleasure of asking Tamika how about the attack affected her shop, here's what she shared;


How did the sneak attack affect your shop?
After being sneak attacked other customers began to buy my items. People do not normally buy from you unless they see you have sales and feedback. I only had about maybe 2 sales, but after being sneak attacked by the lovely group members, they helped to increase my sales and they added their feedback. This inclined other customers see that I am a good shop to buy from.



What was your reaction to the sneak attack?
I was up real late at night trying to fix my images, make it look better, and trying to think of ways to increase my sales. Honestly I was ready to give up that night with etsy. All of a sudden a bunch of sales started pouring in from no where. My eyes got way big, I started thinking something was wrong with my shop. Once I realized what happened i was so so happy. Then I started thinking OMG I have to fulfill all these orders! LOL! Anywho, I DECIDED NOT TO QUIT ON ETSY THAT NIGHT:-)

Are you selling on other venues?
I take orders from my main website as well, PinkCupcakesANDPaper.com

Comments you would like us to pass on to the team?
You guys are awesome! You motivated me to continue with my business and you've helped make it what it is today! I will be forever grateful for you!


Even though I wasn't apart of the team when Tamika's shop was Sneak Attacked, this makes me feel great! Her shop received 9 sales from the attack and today she has over 100 sales. Stop by and pick a few favorites! 


See you next week,
Amanda



4 comments:

  1. It does inspire me to hear from these shops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great stories, you two! It makes me so happy to see what this team has done to get these talented shops going stronger :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful job and great write up!!!

    ReplyDelete