_____________________________________

SNEAK ATTACK NOW GOING ON!

DATE: Thursday, Apr 27th; 2pm, EDT

What's all this? Read our About Us page to find out!

_____________________________________

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Blast from the Sneak Attacks Past October 9th

This week I had the pleasure of chatting with Shirley from MockaMooseMarket, her shop has many handmade unique home decor items. I just love this, perfect for this time of year too!


On June 1, 2009 MockaMooseMarket was attacked with love from the Handmade Movement team. Shirley's shop was only open about a month and she received 8 sales from the attack. Today her shop has over 450 sales!


When I asked Shirley how the Sneak Attack affected her shop here's what she shared;

"The sneak attack gave me exposure which I needed being so new to Etsy. It boosted my confidence and greatly encouraged me to go forward. I am selling the majority of my items through Etsy. I do sell locally to friends or family and occasionally attend a craft show. I love Etsy! I've received so much support that I hope to continue for a long time with Etsy and hopefully increased my sales."


It's wonderful to hear how these past shops are doing today, I wish them continued success. 

Stop by MockaMooseMarket and pick a few favorites of your own.

Until next time,
Amanda

_________________________________________________________________________________

This week I had the pleasure of visiting the shop Twin Soul Art a cute shop offering rubber stamps and more.


Twin Soul Art started out with 0 sales and after the June 1, 2009 sneak attack received 17 sales!  Today her shop has 227 sales and growing.  I asked the shops owner, Jeanne, some questions about the attack and this is what she had to say:

It gave my shop a boost in sales as well as a social boost in my friendship with other Etsy sellers. It was heartwarming and fun! My creative interests and Etsy goods have morphed over the years - the goods I sold and made in 2009 are very different from what I sell today in my shop. For me, the goal was to find a need in the marketplace, then fill it with something I knew I could create well. Custom rubber stamps are popular these days!

I immediately told my family! It was like an early birthday present which was 14 days after the sneak attack date. I was (and still am) touched by the Handmade Movement Team's purpose and mission.

I want to thank all its members with the same measure of encouragement, love and support I felt the day you "sneak attacked" my shop in 2009. The purpose of your movement really does capture the heart of Etsy. Thank you!

Kelly & HMT: Thank you tons and I am still learning and growing!

This bow stamp is really cute and would look great on the back of a card or on a package:


I just love hearing from the past victims.  It is really encouraging to see how they have grown.

Until next time (October 23)....Kelly





5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for doing this, Amanda and Kelly!
    It's so heartwarming to read how our team affects "victims", even years after they were attacked! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will go visit these wonderful shops and show them some more love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to read of old school victims, great job on the write up ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both shops! Thanks for sharing the old Sneak Attack victims!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again Amanda and Kelly for a terrific article! I really enjoy reading them.

    ReplyDelete