_____________________________________

SNEAK ATTACK NOW GOING ON!

DATE: Thursday, Oct. 19th; 2pm, EDT

What's all this? Read our About Us page to find out!

_____________________________________

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Blast from the Sneak Attack Past January 15, 2014

Welcome to a brand new year of sharing past sneak attack shops and how they are doing now.  I got the pleasure of interviewing this shop Emariecreations.  It is a lovely shop featuring handmade polymer creations and party supplies.
Emariecreations was sneak attacked on 10/12/2009 and started with 3 sales and after the attack, had 9 additional sales in her shop.  I asked the shop’s owner, Samantha some questions and here is what she had to say:

How did the sneak attack affect your shop?
The sneak attack was a great boost to my sales! My shop had only been open about a month, and it's easy to get discouraged when you don't have a lot of traffic or sales, especially early on when you are excited about starting your shop, but don't see much progress.

What was your reaction to the sneak attack?
Very surprised and happy!

Are you selling on other venues?
No, right now my only venue is Etsy. I hope to at some point set up a website.

Comments you would like us to pass on to the team?
Thank you so much for picking my shop! It was great to be the recipient of a sneak attack and my shop is still going strong, thanks to a great boost from the sneak attack.

I peeked around her shop and found some wonderful items.  These gift tags would make a great addition to your gift wrapping stash:
Until next time (January 29, 2014)  Kelly

_________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome back to the Blast from the Sneak Attack Past! I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday and New Year! :) 

This week I got to chat with Andy from FlatFlowerDesigns! Andy creates gorgeous handmade botanical prints, feather prints, and pressed flower cards. They are pressed from real specimens found in nature. Love them, they are amazing!


FlatFlowerDesigns was Sneak Attacked with love from the Handmade Movement team on September 24, 2009 and received 34 sales from the attack. Way to go team. :) Today Andy's shop has over 2100, that's wonderful. 



When I asked Andy how the Sneak Attack affected her shop, here's what she shared;
It got the ball rolling you could say. It got me to start thinking about how to better my items and shop. I was surprised by it! For a few moments I thought it was some kind of cyber attack. I wondered how in the world did all these people find my shop in one hour? :-)
I sell at a few art shows each year and to wholesale accounts. Thank you for attacking me to the gang! How often does one say thanks to a gang for being attacked...probably never? :-)
A tip of my hat,
Andy


These are just a few of my favorite from FlatFlowerDesigns, stop by Andy's lovely shop and find a few of your own. It's great hearing about the success of these once newbie shops. I hope you have enjoyed this Blast from the Sneak Attack Past update and I look forward to many more.

See you next time,

Amanda


Written by;
Kelly from juBEADlation
& Amanda from CuteNCurlyBowtique

3 comments:

  1. Great to hear from previous victims of our Sneak Attack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see these fun shops doing so well. Great job, ladies!

    ReplyDelete