________________________________________


NEXT SNEAK ATTACK!

DATE: Thursday, Aug. 24th; 2 pm EDT

SHOP NAMES: To Be Announced

HOST: BumperStickersNMore

Check out this thread and join us for the fun!

What's all this? Read our About Us page to find out!

________________________________________

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Blast from the Sneak Attack Past March 12th 2014

This week I had the pleasure of chatting with Carolyn from hilemanhouse, Carolyn creates everything you can imagine from party favor boxes to 3D Eiffle towers. Each are die cute from a piece of acid and lignin free card stock.



This is my favorite; "eat, sleep, read" I can imagine it's popular, perfect for kids, teens, and adults! HilemanHouse was Sneak Attack on February 24, 2011 and received 3 sales from the attack. Today Carolyn's shop is staying very busy with over 1,000 sales. 


I asked Carolyn how the Sneak Attack affected her shop, here's what she shared;

How did the sneak attack affect your shop?
It made me believe that I had a product that would sell and that is very important when you are just starting out.

What was your reaction to the sneak attack?
I totally freaked, a real honest to goodness sell I could not believe it...

Are you selling on other venues?
Not at this point ETSY keeps me to busy to even consider it at this point.

Comments you would like us to pass on to the team?
You guys are the greatest, you took a shop selling practically nothing and gave the owner courage enough to keep going and that owner on slow months has at the very least 300.00 in sales. All of that because someone decided to look at my shop, I really cannot thank you enough. 

Anything else you'd like to share?
Lets see I have learned one very important thing, let your customers decide what you are going to sell them. When I started out all I wanted to do is sell silhouettes, but my customers were wanting party supplies, I learned how to make them and even design my own and have never looked back. We sell a lot of Paris items and New York and are just now moving into the 18" - 24" range because that is what they are asking me for. I love my work and my customers because they tend to challenge me on a daily basis, it really does not get any better than this...


Such a great shop and so wonderful to hear about from Carolyn. Stop by HilemanHouse and pick a few favorites of your own.

Until next time,
Amanda

_________________________________________________________________________________

3 comments:

  1. Great blast from the sneaky past post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the write up! Thanks Susanne for stepping in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun shops; great job, ladies!

    ReplyDelete