_____________________________________

NEXT SNEAK ATTACK!

DATE: Thursday, April 27th; 2 pm, EDT

SHOP NAMES: To Be Announced

HOST: CunninglyCrafted and TheMudPlace

What's all this? Read our About Us page to find out!

_____________________________________

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Blast from the Sneak Attacks Past July 2, 2014


This week I visited Charlenes Place, who have great crocheted dish, washcloth and potholders, which will give your kitchen a lovely vintage and retro look.

I asked Charlene how the sneak attack affected her shop?
I really appreciated the attack. I get 4 or 5 orders that did surprise me.

What was your reaction to the sneak attack?
It was a confidence builder. I did not think I had anything that anyone would like, but I got great feedback which felt great.

Are you selling on other venues?
My shop wasn't really meant to be a booming business. It is a hobby for me and it was never meant as a means of support. I like to crochet and it an excuse to do it now.
I make enough orders to cover all my costs and labor with some extra.
I don't sell on other venues or utilize social media. It's not something I really need. I have enough orders that suit me. It's at a fun pace for me.

Comments you would like us to pass on to the team?
It think it's great what you do.



Thank you Charlene, it was a pleasure to visit you again. And you dear readers should head over to Charlenes Place and see much more great crochet.

See you soon.
Susanne

_________________________________________________________________________________

I had the pleasure of chatting with Pat from FreehandCards, she creates gorgeous works of art on cards, posters, pendants, jewelry, and original one of a kind paintings. FreehandCards opened October 7, 2010 and was Sneak Attack by the Handmade Movement, they received 9 sales from the Attack.


I asked Pat how the Sneak Attack effected her shop, this is what she shared;

The sneak attack was the most thrilling and motivating thing to happen to me on Etsy since I have opened my shop. To have people from all over the world notice, buy and fav my images was such a boost personally. As far as my shop, it moved my sales number up right away, which looked good on my shop page. It also gave me an idea of which images were popular, for considering the future direction I might take in my artwork. The sales boom didn't last, though. 

I am not selling on any other online venues, but do sell to a few local shops.

I am happy to hear from you again. My sales have been very slow, but steady. I think of the feelings I had when I was 'attacked' and look forward to the day when that rate of sales is a regular event. So, it serves as a reminder of what is possible. 

My about page is almost ready to post. I am going to revise the intention of my shop toward the preservation of the giraffe habitat, which will help put me in a 'niche'. I think that will help differentiate my shop from other "Hallmark" card shops. Hope so!

Many thanks again, I'm impressed with your follow-up and the team work. 


That's so wonderful to hear, I'm happy that our team can help and makes a difference. These dancing Giraffes are so cute, it was hard to choose one to share. Thank you Pat for letting me revisit your shop, I wish you much success. Check out FreehandCards to find a few favorites of your own.

Until text time,
Amanda

Written by Susanne from SussesSpindehjrne
& Amanda from CuteNCurlyBowtique

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely write up from both of you will go check out the shops.

    ReplyDelete