DATE: July 3-July 16, 2018
What's all this? Read our About Us page to find out!
Here's the list:
Mar 1, 2018 – July 2, 2018
HOSTING AND CO-HOSTING
Interested in Hosting a Sneak Attack for the Handmademovement Team?
1. Stop by and participate in a couple of Sneak Attacks to see how things work with different hosts. Everyone has their own style.
2. Make sure you are familiar with the guidelines for eligible shops. You can see what the qualifications are on the FAQ at www.handmademovement.blogspot.com .
3. Browse through Etsy and see what’s out there.
4. Stop by the daily thread every now and then and get to know us and we can get to know you.
5. Jump in!
HOSTING a SNEAK ATTACK is like hosting a baking party or other type of party in your home where you are bringing in a salesperson to meet with a group of friends (i.e. pampered chef, scentsy…) You are the host. You plan the activities that you would like. You are not obligated to have any activities during the event if you do not want to.
Currently the Sneak Attack Days are Thursdays and an occasional Saturday. If a host can not do it on a Thursday, they can choose a convenient day for them. Once a host decides which day and the time, they should post it in the Hosting Schedule thread. In most cases the sneak lasts for 24hrs if not longer.
1. The HOST has 4 major responsibilities.
a. Pick the shops to be sneak attacked (as few or as many as you would like as long as they are approved by the team captain or appointed team leader).
b. Start the Sneak Attack Thread (you can make the header look however you would like as long as it gives the pertinent details – Sneak Attack, Date, Time). Don’t forget to include the main posts detailing what a Sneak Attack is. You can ALWAYS copy and paste from previous sneak attacks, just proofread and make sure everything is edited by day and time. Please see INTRODUCTION TO AN SA here https://www.etsy.com/teams/7565/handmademovement/discuss/18211978
c. Announce the shops at the scheduled time.
d. Send a convo to the shops being sneak attacked to let them know what is going on and how to find us. Please see CONVO TO CHOSEN SHOPS https://www.etsy.com/teams/7565/handmademovement/discuss/18211978
2. That’s it. That’s all. Anything else you'd like to do is entirely up to you!
CO-HOSTING is always an option! There are several ways to Co-Host
1. Sneak Attacks do not have to be hosted by only 1 person. Co Hosting is also not limited to only 2 people. As many people can work together on a sneak attack as you think you can make work.
2. Co-Hosts can split the responsibilities of the Sneak Attack. As discussed earlier there, are really only 4 major responsibilities of the Host, but there are “extra’s” that can be divided up among a group of hosts.
3. If one host wants to pick the shops, but can’t be around for the reveal, the other host can reveal the shops, or vise-versa.
4. Our team is about working together toward a common goal. Our goal is to Sneak up on new shops and shower them with hearts, carts, and attention! At the same time, if you would like to continue to Host alone, that works too!
5. Did you notice someone who stops by the Sneaks regularly, but hasn’t hosted before and you think they might like it? Send them a convo and see if they would be interested in Co-Hosting with you and share the responsibilities.